HCA 812 Complete Course Work Latest
HCA 812 Complete Course Work Latest
Health Care Regulation
Full Course Discussions GCU
Topic 1 DQ 1
In the health care sector, self-regulation has been developed and implemented to increase efficiency and improve operations. At what point, if any, does self-regulation become unethical for health care practitioners or health care leaders?
Topic 1 DQ 2
Can stringent self-regulation by health care leaders and practitioners prevent the imposition of additional and regulations laws on these leaders and practitioners? Why or why not?
Topic 2 DQ 1
After reviewing the article by Orient (2018), what is your understanding of how professional boards and organizations protect the health and wellness of the public? What recommendations would you offer to these professional boards and organizations to increase the safety of the public? Why?
Topic 2 DQ 2
Professional boards are lobbying for freedoms for health care professionals. As a health care administrator, how do you ethically balance board-granted freedom with quality of care concerns to create a sustainable model for your organization? Support your view.
Topic 3 DQ 1
Professional health care providers in direct contact with patients are required to be licensed and credentialed demonstrating current competencies of both quality care and safe healthcare practice. Should similar licensing and credentialing requirements be imposed on health care leaders and other collaborative workers in the health care industry (e.g., business office personnel, CEOs, CFOs, or other administrators) who may not be directly serving patients? Why or why not?
Topic 3 DQ 2
Over the decades, credential requirements have gradually increased in all sectors of the health care arena. If this trend continues, for how long will health care organizations remain sustainable? Why? What steps should health care administrators take to absorb or mitigate the rising credentialing requirements? Why?
Topic 4 DQ 1
Professional standards and codes of practice change as technology, health care laws, and practice advance. Have changing professional standards and codes of practice had a positive or negative influence on quality of care and organizational sustainability? Support your position.
Topic 4 DQ 2
Over the last few weeks, you have encountered several ideas that concern health care leaders through your study of professionalism, governance, and self-regulation; the role of professional boards; and the influence of credentialing and licensing. Reflecting on these ideas, how will you as a health care leader navigate the fluid nature of these ideas and the resulting ever-changing health care standards, guidelines, and codes of practice? Support your answer with relevant research. What other valuable lessons or challenging concepts have you encountered in this course to date? What strategies have you employed to process these lessons or concepts? Explain.
Topic 5 DQ 1
The health care industry is influenced by multiple accrediting bodies that are stakeholders in the operation of health care organizations. Periodically, the missions and roles of these accrediting bodies may be in conflict with one another. How should health care administrators navigate among the conflicting missions and roles of accreditors in order to assure that the health care organization remains accredited and has an increased opportunity for sustainability? Support your view with relevant research. Include documentation of the mission, role, and responsibilities of a specific accrediting agency (e.g., Joint Commission, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services [CMS]; the Center in Improvement in Healthcare Quality [CIHQ], etc.) as needed.
Topic 5 DQ 2
Does accreditation improve organizational sustainability in health care organizations? Why or why not?
Topic 6 DQ 1
Through its collective effort, public policy and health care have been embedded together for decades. There are organizations such as National Health Council (NHC) that has been advocating for patient quality care, policy change, and so much more. Should public policy be used to drive changes in health care and organizations? Why or why not? Support your view.
Topic 6 DQ 2
Public policy exerts significant influence on health care through regulations that address nearly every aspect of health care. These regulations are based on the health care needs of the community stakeholders. In the absence of public policy and regulation of the health care industry, could the effectiveness of health care organizations be sustained at current levels? Why or why not? Could effectiveness be improved? Why or why not?
Topic 7 DQ 1
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) will certainly have an economic influence on American consumers and providers of health care insurance. To what extent might the ACA influence the fiscal stability of health care organizations? Why?
Topic 7 DQ 2
As the American federal government continues to enact legislation regulating the health care industry in general and health care finance in particular, how might health care organizations need to adapt to ensure continued delivery of quality patient care? Why?
Topic 8 DQ 1
Which of the current trends in health care regulation reform will have the most positive influence on quality of care and organizational sustainability? Why? Which trends will have the most negative influence? Why?
Topic 8 DQ 2
Consider the information presented and discussed in this course regarding health care policies, procedures, reform, and regulation. What might you propose to increase equality and create changes to improve the American health care system? Support your ideas. How might these proposed ideas influence your dissertation research? Explain. HCA 812 Complete Course Work Latest
Full Course Assignments GCU
HCA 812 Week 2 Internal Regulation and Sustainability
Any individual in a health care leadership role must understand the internal regulation of the organization. This begins with a commitment to self-regulation including keeping abreast of new knowledge and progresses to understanding how the governing board of the organization protects the safety of the public. Learners must understand these internal regulation mechanisms to assure quality of care for patients as high quality of care will have a positive effect on the sustainability of the organization. In this assignment, you will address the internal regulation of a health care organization.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) in which you discuss the internal regulation of a health care organization. Include the following in your paper:
- A research-supported discussion of how personal ethics and self-regulation influence the quality of patient care.
- A research-supported discussion of how the governing board of the organization protects the safety of the public.
- A research-supported discussion of how self-regulation and the regulation imposed by the governing board interact to promote the sustainability of the organization.
HCA 812 Week 5 Problem Statement/Research Questions
Write a paper (750-1,000 words) in which you articulate a potential problem statement for your dissertation research and pose several potential research questions that could address the problem statement. Include the following in your paper:
- A clearly articulated and focused potential problem statement for the dissertation study you might conduct. What is the area of research you intend to explore? What are the key concepts of your focus? What is the context of the problem? Who are the subjects of this research focus?
- A research-supported rationale for exploring the problem. What is the need or defined gap as supported by at least four current and relevant sources of research literature?
- Four potential research questions that could guide your collection of data in addressing the problem statement. Reflect upon the who, what, where, when, why, and how of the problem statement to gain a broader perspective on the problem statement. What analytical questions need to be asked related to the data that must be collected to address the defined gap? Articulate these ideas into research questions that focus on the relevant data that needs to be collected. HCA 812 Complete Course Work Latest
HCA 812 Week 7 Health Care Regulation and Sustainability
Present a revised version (1,500-1,800 words total) of the paper “Internal Regulation and Sustainability” that makes improvements in the caliber of the writing and incorporates instructor feedback regarding content and writing. Include the following in your submission:
- A reflection (250-300 words) that provides a bulleted list of the changes you made to the paper and discusses your revision process including how you incorporated your instructor’s feedback into the revised version. Similar to an abstract, this section will receive its own page following the title page and preceding the introduction to the paper.
- The revised paper that incorporates instructor feedback; clarifies the thesis statement and solidifies supporting arguments; edits for grammar, spelling, and punctuation; adjusts word choice to display professional and scholarly language; and adjusts sentence structure for improved readability.
Write an additional 1,500-1,750 words in which you perform a SWOT analysis of the external regulatory influences in health care that have been discussed in this course and suggest how health care leaders should manage both internal and external regulation to promote quality of care and organizational sustainability. This section should flow naturally from the revised paper. You may also need to revise your introduction and thesis statement to allow the papers to connect. Include the following in your paper:
- A research-supported discussion of the strengths of the external regulations discussed in this course. How do these regulatory influences promote patient care and organizational sustainability?
- A research-supported discussion of the weaknesses of the external regulations discussed in this course. How might these regulatory influences inhibit patient care and organizational sustainability?
- A research-supported discussion of the opportunities created by compliance with the external regulations discussed in this course. How might compliance with these regulatory influences create opportunities for improving patient care and enhancing organizational sustainability?
- A research-supported discussion of the threats created by the external regulations discussed in this course. How do these regulatory influences threaten quality patient care and organizational sustainability?
- A research-supported discussion of how health care leaders should manage the internal and external regulation to promote quality of care and organizational sustainability. HCA 812 Complete Course Work Latest
Use the following coupon code :