MODULE 12 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY TREATMENTS
MODULE 12 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY TREATMENTS
Any one have answers to this assignment for phychology?
one of the questions is:
John believes that all women are overly emotional, all Asian-Americans are good at math, and all welfare clients are lazy. These are examples of
To prepare for this week’s Assignment, review the following videos in addition to this week’s assigned Reading:
- Duran, V. M. (2013). Supernatural views- Historic. Retrieved from www.cengage.com/custom/ems/psych/shared/video/player.html?video=suprnatral_vws_hstrc_16360.
- Duran, V. M. (2013). Hippocrates. Retrieved from www.cengage.com/custom/ems/psych/shared/video/player.html?video=hippocrates_16362.
- Duran, V. M. (2013). Concept Check: Integrative Approach. Retrieved from www.cengage.com/custom/ems/psych/shared/video/player.html?video=cncpt_chck_intgratve_apprch_16363.
In the past, a one-cause approach was more accepted to understanding psychopathological behavior. Today, it is more accepted that there are multiple causes that can explain the development of mental illness. MODULE 12 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY TREATMENTS
For this Assignment, you will compare and contrast the early ways of thinking about psychological disorders to today’s current view and explain the multi-dimensional model and the major approaches (theorized causes) of mental illness.
- Explain what early thoughts and beliefs existed about what caused mental illness.
- Describe one of the psychological traditions and how it furthered the beliefs about what causes mental illness from that of the early beliefs by the Greeks and from Religions. Select from: Freud’s theory of the unconscious, humanism, or behaviorism.
- Explain the idea of a multi-dimensional approach and how it differs from a single approach to understanding the major causes of mental illness.
- Last, referring directly to the textbook, provide an overview of the major approaches of a multi-dimensional integrated model listed in the textbook. For each major approach, include its central tenant(s) as it relates to the explanation (or cause) of mental illness. The major approaches that provide an explanation or cause for the development of mental illness are biological approach (genetics and neurological factors), psychological approach (cognitive and behavioral factors, including the unconscious), emotions approach, social and cultural approach, and the developmental approach. For example, from the biological approach, an imbalance of neurochemicals is believed to influence (or cause) behavioral changes as well as heritability.
Submitting Your Learning Activity MODULE 12 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY TREATMENTS
Using your textbook, complete the Unit 3 Assignment Template. No more than 10% of the work should be direct quotations Complete the document in 2–3 pages, using APA writing style
Wade, C., & Tavris, C. (2017). Psychology [VitalSource Bookshelf version] (12th ed.). Retrieved from https://online.vitalsource.com/#/books/97813235982…
Prompt: For this assignment, you will write a draft of Section II, Parts B and C of the final project. In this assignment, you will continue your analysis of your selected theory. You will be tasked with defending the theory’s position in a number of ways, including defending it against alternative theoretical positions and showing its value for real-world problems. MODULE 12 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY TREATMENTS
B. Alternative Theoretical Positions: For this section, you will select two or more alternative theories in personality psychology and address the following. (Be sure to review Part Two of your research table to support this section.)
i. Compare the theory to alternative theoretical positions that are currently used by researchers in personality psychology. For instance, how do their key concepts compare?
ii. Assess the extent to which these alternative positions challenge the validity, weaknesses, or biases of Martin
Seligman’s Positive Psychology and Learned Helplessness. Be sure to cite specific examples from published research in your response.
iii. Defend the contemporary use of the theory against the challenges you identified. Be sure to support your defense with relevant research. MODULE 12 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY TREATMENTS
i. Apply Martin Seligman’s Positive Psychology/Theory of Learned Helplessness in explaining a real-world problem (e.g., PTSD) or phenomenon (e.g., social media use). How would your theorist understand this problem or phenomenon in terms of its root cause and key characteristics? Be sure to cite relevant research in your response.
ii. Assess published secondary research for solutions with the potential to address this problem or phenomenon. Does the contemporary use of your theory provide viable approaches to this problem? What are they?
iii. Explain how this application relates to the theory’s larger contemporary relevance. In other words, how does this application demonstrate your theory’s potential to advance knowledge in personality psychology? MODULE 12 ABNORMAL PSYCHOLOGY TREATMENTS