NURS 6501 Pathophysiology Case Study
NURS 6501 Pathophysiology Case Study
Posted on: Monday, November 2, 2020 7:30:00 AM EST
Please find your Week Ten Case Study noted below:
Scenario 4: A 14-year-old female is brought to the urgent care by her mother, who states that the girl has had an abnormal number of bruises and “funny looking red splotches” on her legs. These bruises were first noticed about 2 weeks ago and are not related to trauma. PMH not remarkable and she takes no medications. The mother does state the girl is recovering from a “bad case of mono” and was on bedrest at home for the past 3 weeks. The girl noticed that her gums were slightly bleeding when she brushed her teeth that morning. NURS 6501 Pathophysiology Case Study
Labs at urgent care demonstrated normal hgb and hct with normal WBC differential. Platelet count of 100,000/mm3 was the only abnormal finding. The staff also noticed that the venipuncture site oozed for a few minutes after pressure was released. The doctor at urgent care referred the patient and her mother to the ED for a complete work-up of the low platelet count, including a peripheral blood smear for suspected immune thrombocytopenia purpura.
Module 7 Assignment: Case Study Analysis
For the diagnosis and treatment of diseases in these fields, an awareness of the variables affecting both women’s and men’s health, infections, and hematologic disorders can be extremely significant. The fact that various illnesses and disorders present themselves differently depending on the patient’s sex emphasizes the significance of this. NURS 6501 Pathophysiology Case Study
Effective illness analysis frequently calls for knowledge that transcends the associated human systems. Along with racial and ethnic factors, patient features can have a significant influence.
A crucial step in the diagnosis and treatment of many diseases is an understanding of the symptoms of system changes based on these traits. This knowledge can aid APRNs in educating patients and assisting them as they follow their treatment programs.
In this Assignment, you examine a case study and analyze the symptoms presented. You identify the elements that may be factors in the diagnosis, and you explain the implications to patient health.
To prepare: NURS 6501 Pathophysiology Case Study
By Day 1 of this week, you will be assigned to a specific case study scenario for this Case Study Assignment. Please see the “Course Announcements” section of the classroom for your assignment from your Instructor.
ASSIGNMENT (1- TO 2-PAGE CASE STUDY ANALYSIS)
In your Case Study Analysis related to the scenario provided, explain the following:
- The factors that affect fertility (STDs).
- Why inflammatory markers rise in STD/PID.
- Why prostatitis and infection happens. Also explain the causes of systemic reaction.
- Why a patient would need a splenectomy after a diagnosis of ITP.
- Anemia and the different kinds of anemia (i.e., micro and macrocytic).
Day 7 of Week 10
Submit your Case Study Analysis Assignment by Day 7 of Week 10
Reminder: The College of Nursing requires that all papers submitted include a title page, introduction, summary, and references. The sample paper provided at the Walden Writing Center provides an example of those required elements (available at https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/writingcenter/templates). All papers submitted must use this formatting.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “M7Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Module 7 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment. NURS 6501 Pathophysiology Case Study
- Click the Module 7 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “M7Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
NURS 6501 Pathophysiology Case Study Grading Criteria
To access your rubric:
Module 7 Assignment Rubric
Check Your Assignment Draft for Authenticity
To check your Assignment draft for authenticity:
Submit your Module 7 Assignment draft and review the originality report.
NURS 6501 Pathophysiology Case Study Submit Your Assignment by Day 7 of Week 10
To participate in this Assignment: