Reproductive Choices Example Paper
Reproductive Choices Example Paper
Develop a 3–4 page research paper based on a selected case study related to reproductive choices. Since the processes of reproduction and birth represent one of the potential biological outcomes of heterosexual activity, it is important to examine the biological foundations of human sexuality.Reproductive Choices Example Paper This includes knowledge of fertilization and early development, including some of the most recent findings. There is more than a litany of birth control methods; this assessment offers a sound basis for understanding the issues to be weighed in personal decision making about contraception and abortion, which continue to generate debate and controversy.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Apply psychological theories to topics in human sexuality.
- Apply psychological theories to a case study in human sexuality.
- Competency 2: Apply scholarly research findings to topics in human sexuality.
- Apply scholarly research findings to a case study in human sexuality.
- Competency 3: Explain how ethics inform professional behavior in the field of human sexuality.
- Explain how ethics inform professional behavior in the field of human sexuality.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
- Use APA format and style.Reproductive Choices Example Paper
Because this is a psychology course, you need to format this assessment according to APA guidelines. Additional resources about APA can be found in the Research Resources in the left navigation menu of your courseroom. Use the resources to guide your work as needed.
- American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author. Available from the bookstore.
- APA Paper Template [DOCX].
The following resource is required to complete the assessment.
- Human Sexuality Case Studies: Sexuality Confronts Social Policy | Transcript.
The resources provided here are optional and support the assessment. They provide helpful information about the topics. You may use other resources of your choice to prepare for this assessment; however, you will need to ensure that they are appropriate, credible, and valid. The PSYC-FP2800 – Introduction to Human Sexuality Library Guide can help direct your research. The Supplemental Resources and Research Resources, both linked from the left navigation menu in your courseroom, provide additional resources to help support you.Reproductive Choices Example Paper
Human Sexuality and Reproductive Choices
- Kelly, G. F. (2015). Sexuality today (11th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw-Hill. Available from the bookstore.
- Chapter 10, “Reproduction, Reproductive Technology, and Birthing,” pages 250–280.
- Chapter 11, “Decision Making About Pregnancy and Parenthood,” pages 281–313.
Examples of Applied Research Related to Reproduction
These resources provide examples of current research on the topic of reproduction.
- Myers, E. R. (2015). Repeated in vitro fertilization cycles for infertility. JAMA, 314(24), 2627–2629.
- Griesemer, J. (2016). Reproduction in complex life cycles: Toward a developmental reaction norms perspective. Philosophy of Science, 83(5), 803–815.
- Dean, E. (2017). Contraception. Primary Health Care (2014+), 27(1), 10.
- Swigger, N. (2016). Sexual responsibility and the politics of abortion and contraception. Sexuality Research and Social Policy, 13(3), 263–275.Reproductive Choices Example Paper
Use this resource to examine the ethical standards that guide professional behavior as they relate to the issues and concepts identified in the human sexuality case study you select for your assessment.
- American Psychological Association. (2017). Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct. Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/ethics/code/index.aspx
Develop a light research paper based on case studies provided in the Human Sexuality Case Studies: Sexuality Confronts Social Policy interactive media piece (linked in the Resources under the Required Resources heading). Read the case studies and select one on which to base your paper. Try to choose the case study that you feel best applies to the requirements for your paper, which are provided in the instructions below.Reproductive Choices Example Paper
Use your selected scenario to write a 3–4 page paper in which you complete the following:
- Identify and describe a concept (or concepts) and the general perspective or approach to human sexuality that the concept falls under (such as gender theories, instinct theory, psychodynamic, or developmental) using correct terminology from the course. If the concept or perspective is closely associated with the writings of a particular theorist (such as Freud, Kinsey, Masters and Johnson, and so on), then provide that information. Explain how the concept fits the case study.
- Select a minimum of two scholarly sources that support your explanation of how the concept fits the case study. Connect what you have learned in your research by integrating and combining information from your source articles with the case study.
- Examine and explain how ethical standards guide professional behavior as they relate to the issues and concepts identified in the selected human sexuality case study. You must state the specific ethical standard that relates to the topic or issue highlighted in the case study and explain how this ethical standard guides professional behavior.
Note: Do not restate the case study within your paper; you should only identify and refer to the selected case study as needed to illustrate your points.
Your paper should follow a logical structure and be evidence based. Use the MEAL plan to help guide the organization of your paper.
- Main Idea: Present the main point or idea that you are making about your chosen concept related to reproduction, contraception, and abortion.
- Evidence: What does the research say? Support your statements with evidence from the literature.
- Application: Summarize the main ideas from articles related to your chosen case study. Apply concepts that relate directly or indirectly to your main point. Make explicit links between source articles and your paper.Reproductive Choices Example Paper
- Link: Integrate and combine information from your source articles with your main point or idea.
Conduct independent research for resources and references to support your paper. Provide a reference list and in-text citations, in APA format, for all of your resources. You may cite texts and authors from the suggested resources as well as any additional reputable resources you find on your own.
If you wish, you may use the APA Paper Template (linked in the Resources under the APA Resources heading) to complete your paper. In addition, you are urged to use the resources in Capella University’s Writing Center to help you develop clear and effective writing. In the Writing Center, you will be able to receive feedback on your writing, use writing resources, discover new writing strategies, and explore different ways to draft, revise, edit, and proofread your own work.Reproductive Choices Example Paper
- Written Communication: Ensure that your writing is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Format resources and in-text citations according to current APA style.
- Number of Resources: Use a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Length: The research paper should be 3–4 pages in content length. Include a separate title page and a separate references page.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced. Use Microsoft Word.Reproductive Choices Example Paper
Use the following coupon code :