Selecting A Consistent Test Collapse
Selecting A Consistent Test Collapse
The test chosen for further evaluation to be discussed is the Gilliam Autism Rating Scale (GARS). This scale measures individuals for signs of autism. Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), is a disorder which affects individuals cognitively, socially, and some suffer with sensory issues. James E. Gilliam is a test developer who created the psychometric tests to evaluate individuals for autism.
This test measures social communication, behaviors, interacting in a social environment, speech delays or impairments, cognitive skills, and emotional issues, (Karren, 2016). Selecting A Consistent Test Collapse
(Karren, 2016) explains how administration of the test is easily done, completed by educators, psychologist, speech and language pathologist, and trained professionals who can identify autism and interpret results. Testing is done in the form of a questionnaire and sometimes and observational period if questions can’t be fully answered by the evaluator.
The Likert type questions range from zero to three. This type of testing has administration error of variance, with multiple evaluators there could be potential of error from the administration in the results. The reliability is important and has been measured using internal consistency, test and retest, and interrater coefficients. Selecting A Consistent Test Collapse
Internal consistency was recorded at 94% and 93% showing a high consistency for reliability. During test-retest there was average ranges of reliability from 76% to 87%, showing a reasonable amount of reliability, (Karren, 2016). This is not as high as the internal consistency but does show more than 50% given a fair amount of consistency and reliability. The final reliability gave additional average inter-rater reliability of 71% to 85% which is acceptable.
Overall (Karren, 2016), mentions the testing is easy to administer, shows proven evidence the test is reliable and valid, which creates a good psychometric instrument. Strengths and weaknesses are noted with observation mentioned first. Not having the appropriate time to observe leaves the rater to consult another trained professional to conduct the observation.
The main ethnic background initially administered the test were caucasians and blacks only assessing an individual’s three years of age nineteen leaving question about assessing older adults 20-22 or different races. Although weaknesses are presented the GARS is a valid and reliable instrument to utilize to measure and diagnose autism.
Karren, V. C. (2016). A Test Review: Gilliam, J. E. (2014). Gilliam Autism Rating Scale–Third
Edition (GARS-3) First Published March 7, 2016 Product Review https://doi-org.library.capella.edu/10.1177/0734282916635465
Choose an organization with which you are familiar or one in which you have an interest. Research and analyze the organization’s Human Resource Management programs, policies, procedures, or initiatives. Evaluate their effectiveness and select a program, policy, procedure or initiative which you believe needs to be changed. Selecting A Consistent Test Collapse
Write a one (1) page paper in which you:
- Assess the current Human Resource programs, policies, procedures, or initiatives in terms of effectiveness.
- Hypothesize the changes that require improvement.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate an organization’s readiness for change.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in managing organizational change.
- Write clearly and concisely about managing organizational change using proper writing mechanics.
Select one product. In a two- to four-page paper (excluding the title and reference pages), describe seven different types of consumer promotions from the twelve shown in Table 6.2 of the text and assess how each of the seven types would be applied to your product. Determine which strategy is the most effective and explain why. Selecting A Consistent Test Collapse
The Consumer Promotions paper
- Must be two- to four double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Selecting A Consistent Test Collapse